Herbs have been used safely and effectively for thousands of years. They aid the body in restoring balance by treating the underlying causes of the imbalance that are the source of the illness. Herbs are truly holistic remedies that work on every level cause of the disease, not just the symptoms. Most causes of dis(ease) are typically not purely physical. Therefore herbal medicine works on every level of our being – Mental, physical, emotional and spiritual. Also known as Mind Body And Soul.
Rhodiola Rosea being an adaptogen has an overall balancing effect on the body. It can be used for the following reasons:
- Protects from Mental and physical stress and helps in adapting to harsh environments
- Increases physical strength and endurance by allowing the body to use less oxygen on a cellular level making it useful for mountain climbing
- Helps improve memory and mental processes
- Not only increases strength but dramatically cuts the recovery time required after intense workouts
- Powerful Stress reducer Improves mood and decreases depression and anxiety as it boosts Norepinephrine,serotonin and dopamine.
- Useful in treating headaches and migraines
Known to be a muscle relaxant
- Regulates blood flow
Reishi is A medicinal Mushroom which can be useful in combating many different Health conditions. Besides just treating disease it is said to prevent most common diseases.
- Promotes a strong immunity to disease and can be taken daily without a build up of tolerance
- Great Stress Reducer
- Reishi is also an adaptogen and therefore can boost energy or help on get to sleep depending on the needs of the body
- Fights fatigue
- Reduces High Blood pleasure
- Lowers Triglycerides
- Helps fights colds and coughs (strengthens respiratory system)
- Increases liver function
- Shown to be useful in treating the side effects of the treatment of chemotherapy (Hair loss and fatigue)
Shizandra berries are a powerful adaptogen. This means that they will help you adapt to stress whether environ(mental) or physical. Adaptogens exert a normalizing effect on the entire body. Taking you from any extreme back to a balanced state. Adaptogens are considered to be the (most protective) of all herbs and plants. Schizandra can be used for the following purposes:
- Increase capacity for physical and mental exercise
- Protection from environmental stress
- Increases energy on a cellular level ( boosts nitric oxide levels in the body) *Popular with athletes
- Increases energy by stimulating the central nervous system (or) calm the nervous system when facing stress ( adaptogen effect)
- Raises glutathione. (an enyzyme that detoxifies the body in a way that improves mental clarity) *Widely taken in China for that reason
- Maintains proper functioning and regeneration of the liver
- Used in the treatment of hepatitis C and helps balance the fluids in the body.
- Contains antioxidants which protect cells from free radical damage
- Softens skin
- Treats mental disorders such as anxiety, depression and mood swings.
- Preliminary evidence suggests that it may inhibit cancer cell growth in leukemia.
- Useful in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. ( Dilates blood vessels helping achieve erection)
- Lowers blood pressure and improves circulation
- promotes heart health by improving circulation
- Acts as an expectorant and useful in treating coughs