Do you have a little Chocolate and Roses to spare this Valentines Day? Or perhaps you would like to use your Chocolate and Roses in a different way. If so… here’s a little recipe that can help you out with that!
Adapted from Diana DeLuca’s Botanica Erotica
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup boiling water
½ cup rose petal extract (recipe below)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2-3 drops almond extract or 1 teaspoon additional vanilla extract (optional)
Dried rose petals
To make Rose Petal Extract:
- Fill a jar ¼ full with rose petals, and then ½ full with brandy. Let infuse 1-2 weeks in a cool, dark cabinet.
To make Elixir:
- In a bowl or quart jar, mix cocoa powder, sugar, and boiling water together and stir until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Add rose, vanilla, and almond extracts and mix thoroughly.
- Pour elixir into a bottle, cap, and let sit for a few days or a week.
- Enjoy by the spoonful, on ice cream, or in hot cocoa.