I once barely understood the difference between Vegetarianism and Veganism. However, not only are there groups within those who do not eat meat but there are sub groups as well. I was surprised to learn that there are at least five types of Vegans. See below…
- Alkaline (Sebi)-Vegan: Consumes Non-Hybrid, Non-GMO, Alkaline fruits, Vegetables,nuts,seeds and grains closest to their original state. Thus, being categorized by some as electric foods.
- Plant Based: Which although it (can) mean Vegan doesn’t necessarily mean so. Those on a Plant Based diet only eat foods that originate from the ground, such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains, legumes, etc. avoiding anything processed, greasy, or refined.
- Ethical Vegan: An Ethical Vegan does not consume any animal by-products such as meat, fish, eggs, cheese, dairy, honey, etc.- They care about Animal rights and causes and would abstain from wearing fur etc.
- Raw- Vegan: Does not eat any animal by-products as well as anything cooked above 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 degrees Celsius).
- Junk Food Vegan: They eat Junk Food. They do not follow a strict diet. The food is fair game as long as no animals were harmed in the process. This is an individual who is usually driven to veganism for ethics ( animal or environmental).
For more information on Vegan diets and other diets, see the source info below.