So what is Conscious breathing? Conscious breathing is breathing in a way that is physiologically optimal for your body. The problem is that we were never taught how. Breathing is one of those things we do without much thought or effort and seemingly shouldn’t make a difference how we breath as long as we are getting in life sustaining air. Well, nothing could be more further from the truth. In fact, your regular breathing pattern can be responsible for screwing up your body and its functions in tons of different ways!
Bad breathing habits can have the following effects:
- The nervous system becomes unbalanced- (results in a tense body and much higher levels of stress)
- The airways get tighter- (labored breathing to compensate for less airflow)
- The blood vessels constrict-( Can lead to High Blood Pressure)
- Less energy is produced- (cells get stressed and has to prioritize survival instead of development.)
To breath properly follow these steps:
1. Breathe through the nose-When you breathe through your mouth the lungs get a lot more “unfiltered” air that is raw, cold, dry and full of viruses and bacteria.
2. Breathe with the diaphragm- helps your lungs with the gas exchange; helps lymphatic system rid the body of the waste products from the bowels.
3. Breathe relaxed- By taking control of our breathing and making it more relaxed, our body tunes in and becomes relaxed as well which leads to better functioning in general.
4. Breathe rhytmically-Everything has a natural rhythm – the ocean waves, the seasons, the moon. When everything is in tune the body functions at it’s very best.
5. Breathe silently- Before we sigh or cough we usually take a big breath which leads to irregular breathing. Coughing, snoring, sniffling and so on are suboptimal breaths in disguise.
So there you have it. There is an art to Breathing… to learn how to consciously breath and for a downloadable ‘Proper Breathing Cheat Sheet’… See the source information below…