What is the Pancreas and its role in our Health?
The Pancreas is an organ that is very much forgotten about until there is an issue with its function. The Pancreas produces insulin and other important enzymes and hormones that help break down foods. Mal-function in this area not only lead to several types of pancreatitis but also diabetes and other diseases that result from malnutrition due to malabsorption.
Foods that support the Pancreas
Consuming anti-oxidant rich vegetables from the cruciferous family including broccoli, kale, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, and watercress is very beneficial for pancreas function. Notably, the Pancreas also plays a role in transforming our bodies into a more alkaline environment. Therefore, following a vegan alkaline diet, similar to that which was introduced and heavily promoted by the late Dr. Sebi, can be beneficial as well.
Additional foods and Herbs that support the Pancreas
- Lemon- Encourages the release of vital digestive enzymes
- Calendula- Anti-viral, anti-inflammatory
- Licorice Root- reduces pain and swelling
- Goldenseal- Lowers blood sugar levels-stimulates the beta cells within the pancreas
- Horsetail- Helps the body heal and rebuild damaged tissue
- Haritaki- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Dandelion- Flushes out toxins out of the intestines and to help heal damaged pancreatic tissues
- Oregano- Rich in natural phenolic antioxidants
- Cedar Berries- Regulate the normal function of the pancreas, which will stabilize blood sugar levels
- Gentian-Increase the production of pancreatic enzymes
- Olive Leaves- Consuming olive leaf extracts regularly can lead to stronger pancreas function
- Garlic-Reduces the amount of sugar in the blood and stimulates the pancreas to produce sufficient levels of insulin
For detailed information on the information shared in this article, Keep reading below…