Outside of being delicious, adding smoothies to your diet may boost your fruit and vegetable intake and also deliver an extra boost of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
Benefits of Drinking (Healthy) Smoothies…
- Fat Busting Benefits -fruits like berries are a secret weight loss weapon.
- Hydration Benefits -We can get some of our daily water intake from smoothies because lots of fruits and vegetables are quite rich in water.
- Stay Fuller For Longer– High fiber in fruit or veggie based smoothies keep you feeling satiated.
- Better Digestion– Green smoothies, in particular, are alkaline foods so they are your best bet to counteract the discomfort of acid reflux and heartburn. Also, consuming fruits and vegetables in liquid form makes it easier for your body to break down nutrients and digest them.
- Full of antioxidants-antioxidants are pivotal in preventing heart disease, cancer, and other diseases.
- Get a Healthy Glow- Studies have shown that drinking smoothies made from food containing carotenoids such as Pumpkin and Mango can give you an attractive glow.
- Detoxes the Body- Adding ingredients such as papaya and beets can be a great way to detox your system and get rid of toxins.
Smoothie-lovers beware: smoothies can easily turn into high-calorie, sugar-delivery devices if they include sweetened yogurt, sweetened juice, sorbet, frozen yogurt or ice cream. Additionally, it’s easier to take in more calories when you drink instead of eating them. Thus, the Produce for Better Health Foundation recommends no more than 8 to 12 ounces of blended or juiced produce daily. For more information on the Benefits of drinking Healthy Smoothies, continue reading here.