NO specialized equipment required! One of the easiest ways of preserving the flavors of Rosemary is by making a simple vinegar or oil infusion.
- 1 Bottle of good quality wine or Apple Cider Vinegar (Keep The Bottle)
- 4-5 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 clove or 1 tablespoon of garlic
- Peppercorns (3 -4 for mild flavor ; 7 to 10 for a peppery flavor)
- A few straws or skewers
Steps 1- 6
1. Remove a half cup of vinegar from the bottle to make room for your herbs. Keep the removed vinegar for later cooking or to add back to your mixture if required.
2. Place your freshly washed Rosemary sprigs in the bottle using a straw or skewer
3. Add the garlic and peppercorns.
4. Fill the bottle with the reserved vinegar (if needed) and seal tightly.
5. Over the next 2 weeks, place the bottle in a sunny windowsill. Gently shake the bottle every day or so to mix the flavors of the herbs.
6. Last but not least, label your creation and store it on the counter-top. There is no expiration date. Enjoy in your marinades, salad dressings and any anything else you typically enjoy vinegar with.
For More Information on the Health Benefits of Rosemary and for Harvesting tips- Follow the highlighted links in this text.